Following its introduction in Delhi/NCR, Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), today launched its Voice Over Wi-Fi service – ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ in Mumbai, Kolkata, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu.
‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ leverages cutting edge technology to enhance the indoor voice calling experience for Airtel smartphone customers. The innovative service uses WiFi networks to create a dedicated channel for voice calls and allows customers to make telco grade calls to any network. This dramatically improves customer experience as one can seamlessly switch to Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
There is no extra charge for calls made over ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ and the application consumes minimal data.
‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ does not require any app and can be configured on the smartphone by following the steps mentioned below:
- Check smartphone compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling
- Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling*
- Go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling
- Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Currently, the following smartphones support ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’
- Apple: All iPhone models starting 6s and above
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, S10, S10+, S10e, M20
- OnePlus: All OnePlus 7 and 6 series devices
Airtel is working with all leading smartphone brands to roll out compatibility with ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’. The service is currently compatible with Airtel Xstream Fiber home broadband and will soon be compatible with all broadband services and Wi-Fi hotspots. For more details, log on to airtel.in/wifi-calling
*This update is provided by handset manufacturer. Check with handset brand if you cannot find this upgrade.